Just for fun, enjoy with a cuppa and feel free to post your score in the comments! Scroll to the bottom for answers... Good luck!
1) Which of the following names does NOT belong to one of the Three Kings?
2) On the tenth day of Christmas, what does my true love give to me?
a) Ladies dancing
b) Lords a-leaping
c) Lovebirds flying
d) Maids a-milking
3) December 26 is known as Boxing Day in the U.K. and throughout the British Commonwealth. Why?
a) Fathers took their sons to boxing matches on the day following Christmas Day.
b) All the Christmas decorations are taken down and put away in boxes.
c) From 'dole boxes' placed in churches
d) From boxing up unwanted gifts for return
4) What is Frosty's nose made of?
5) Bill Nighy plays an aging rocker in Love Actually who tries to resurrect his career with which seasonal reworking of a classic?
a) Stairway To Christmas
b) Christmas Is All Around
c) Everything I Do, I Do It For Christmas
d) You Shook Me All Christmas Long
6) A Christmas classic of recent times is Do they know it's Christmas? by Band Aid. How many times has this song been Christmas number one?
c) Three times
7) A service of Nine Lessons and Carols is held in churches across the country on Christmas Eve. Which carol is traditionally the first to be sung?
a) O Come All Ye Faithful
b) Hark the Herald Angels Sing
c) Once in Royal David's City
d) Away in a Manger
8) In the Australian Christmas carol 6 White Boomers, what is the word Boomer relating to?
c) Tasmanian tigers
9) British tradition says that eating these during the twelve days of Christmas will bring happiness through-out the next year.
b) Mince Pies
c) Christmas Cookies
d) Candy Canes
10) What might have been served at a Christmas dinner in early Britain?
a) A mustard-smothered pig's head
b) Black pudding
c) Lambs feet
d) Umble pie
11) Which popular Christmas song was actually first written for American Thanksgiving?
a) Jack Frost song
b) Jingle Bells
c) Pumpkin Pie
d) Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
12) Which American government agency tracks Santa’s sleigh on Christmas Eve?
a) Central Intelligence Agency (C.I.A.)
b) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
c) North American Air Defence (NORAD)
d) National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
13) If you received all of the gifts listed in the The Twelve Day of Christmas song, how many presents would you get?
14) Who did Grandma Get Run Over By as sung by Elmo and Patsy?
a) A sleigh
b) A bus
c) A reindeer
d) An elf
15) Which country did the gingerbread house come from?
d) United States
16) In what year was A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens published?
17) Which Christmas movie has been played more than any other?
a) A Christmas Story
b) Love Actually
c) Frosty the Snowman
d) It’s a Wonderful Life
18) Which ocean is Christmas Island in?
a) Pacific Ocean
b) Atlantic Ocean
c) Indian Ocean
d) Arctic Ocean
19) Which continent is the turkey from?
a) South America
b) North America
20) What is the best selling Christmas song ever?
a) Here Comes Santa Claus
b) Jingle Bells
c) White Christmas
d) Silent Night
1. b. Teleost
2. b. Lords a-Leaping
3. c. From 'dole boxes' placed in churches
4. b. Button
5. b Christmas Is All Around
6. c. 3
7. c. Once in Royal David's City
8. d. Kangaroos
9. b. Mince Pies
10. a. A mustard-smothered pig's head
11. b. Jingle Bells
12. c. NORAD
13. d. 364
14. c. A reindeer
15. c. Germany
16. b. 1843
17. d. It’s a Wonderful Life
18. c. Indian Ocean
19. b. North America
20. c. White Christmas